NSFAS Status Check 2023 – 2024: If you have filed for financing through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, you must know how to do the NSFAS status check 2023–2024. The easiest method is to use your ID number and log into your account. If you applied, you must check the status of your application at nsfas.org.za. You may then use the credentials to track the financing progress. Aside from that, you can check the status of your application using WhatsApp.
Take note that one can be found among the different funding statutes on the website. Each of those statuses means something different. As a result, it is critical that you understand the meaning of distinct statuses. In this post, we will go over the entire process of performing the NSFAS status check for this year.
Table of Contents
NSFAS Status Check 2023–2024
Undergraduate candidates can apply for financial aid through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS. The South African government’s aid allows students to pay for their tertiary education after finishing high school. The program also oversees bursaries for students pursuing a teaching qualification.
Students who qualify for this scheme get loans at South African state universities and vocational training schools. To apply, you must first register and create your MyNSFAS profile on the above-mentioned official website. Check the status of your application after that.
If you are awarded NSFAS funding, you do not need to reapply for the duration of your initial registered course. You can repay the loans once you have graduated from college or found work.
Crucial Points About NSFAS Status Check 2023–2024
This scheme was established in 1996 to replace the TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). NSFAS received 365,922 applications for financial aid in 2019, and 278,738 applications in 2020. To apply for this scheme, you must meet certain eligibility requirements.
This table contains the most significant information regarding the status check.
|Name of the scheme||NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme|
|Aim of the scheme||Offer financial assistance such as bursaries and loans to eligible students.|
|Eligibility criteria||You must be a South African citizen, financially needy according to NSFAS and academically deserving.|
|When to pay back the loan||After completing graduation or getting a job|
|Contact number to inquire about TVET colleges in South Africa||0800 872 222|
|Credentials to check your application status||ID number and username|
|Last date to apply for the NSFAS application||January 31, 2024|
|The official website for reference||Link below|
You May Also Like!
- Sub Inspector Home Department Recruitment Advt. No. 06/2021 PST/PET Result Qualified Candidates
- ECIL Graduate & Diploma/ Technician Apprentice Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 363 Posts
- 48 Non-Teaching Posts, Central University Recruitment Apply
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment | Apply Here
- UPSC Recruitment 2023, Apply Link
Steps To Perform NSFAS Status Check 2023 – 2024
The authorities have made it quite simple to check the progress of an NSFAS application online. Follow these basic guidelines to keep track of your progress.
- Step 1: Go to the official student portal of MyNSFAS.
- Step 2: On the homepage, locate the “MyNSFAS” option in the navigation panel.
- Step 3: Enter your credentials, including your username and password.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Sign in’ button. Within a few moments, you’ll be directed to the NSFAS dashboard.
- Step 5: Inside the dashboard, look for the option labeled ‘Track funding progress.’
- Step 6: Allow some time for the application status to load, and soon it will be displayed on your screen.
NOTE: There is another way to track the status of your application. You can verify this by phoning +2778 519 8006. This number is accessible via WhatsApp. Another option is to use the USSD code 12067327# to check your status.
The Meaning Of Different Result Statuses On The NSFAS Website
Your result status on MyNSFAS can fall into any of the following categories. Here’s an explanation of what they signify.
- Application submitted: This indicates that your application has been successfully loaded onto the NSFAS system.
- Filtering: During this stage, the system assesses whether you are a returning student and checks for any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS conducts third-party checks in collaboration with the Department of Home Affairs and SASSA to validate your information.
- Evaluation: All the documents you submitted are verified by NSFAS during this phase.
- Funding eligibility: NSFAS reviews whether your application declared the financial status of your household accurately.
- Awaiting results/admission: At this point, NSFAS assesses your academic results and checks your institution’s admission status to ensure you meet the necessary criteria for funding.
- Awaiting registration: NSFAS gathers information from your institution to establish a bursary agreement.
- Signing of agreement: You sign your bursary agreement, enabling NSFAS to disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are disbursed either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or your institution. It’s essential to keep monitoring the MyNSFAS portal for updates.
Important Documents For The NSFAS 2023 To 2024 Application
Some important documents are required to complete the online application procedure. These are some examples.
- Your cellphone number and email address.
- A copy of your birth certificate (alternatively, a copy of your ID).
- A copy of your guardian or a spouse’s ID.
- Proof of your income. Alternatively, provide an IRPF for the previous year if applicable.
- Evidence of income from your guardian or spouse.
- No income proof is needed for SASSA grant recipients.
- You must complete the Disability Annexure A Form if you have any disability.
- Lastly, submit a signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Important Links For NSFAS Status Check:
FAQs: NSFAS Status Check
What Is The NSFAS Allowance For The Year 2023?
The NSFAS allotment for 2023 is R15,750. This sum covers personal care and feeding expenses.
What Should I Do If I Forget The Password To MyNSFAS Account?
On your login screen, click the ‘Forgot password’ link. Then, follow the steps to reset your password and finish the application process.
How Do I Apply For An NSFAS Bursary Application?
Create your account at nsfas.org.za. Now, tap ‘Apply,’ and make sure you have all of your current information with you. Upload the necessary documents and then click ‘Submit.’