NVS has announced the NVS PGT Syllabus 2023 & New Exam Pattern. Check out the NVS PGT Syllabus 2023 New Exam Pattern, as well as other details, in the next post.
Understanding the NVS PGT Syllabus and Exam Pattern is critical when preparing for the NVS PGT Exam 2023. The NVS PGT Syllabus provides candidates with a comprehensive outline of the topics they need to cover, while the exam pattern offers insights into the structure and format of the exam. In this article, we will delve into the NVS PGT Syllabus 2023 and explore the new exam pattern in detail, equipping you with the knowledge necessary to excel in the upcoming NVS PGT Exam.
Table of Contents
NVS PGT Exam Overview
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti holds the NVS PGT Exam 2023 to recruit qualified candidates for Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) positions. This national-level examination presents a golden opportunity for aspiring teachers to join the esteemed NVS organization. The NVS PGT Exam 2023, with a total of 6980 vacancies available, offers doors to teaching employment all over India.It is essential for candidates to grasp the intricacies of the NVS PGT Syllabus to enhance their chances of success in the exam.
NVS PGT Exam Pattern
Before diving into the detailed syllabus, let’s take a closer look at the NVS PGT Exam Pattern 2023. Knowing the exam pattern can help you grasp the amount of questions, the distribution of marks, and the overall structure of the exam.The NVS PGT Exam 2023 consists of a total of 150 questions, each carrying one mark, resulting in a total of 150 marks. Candidates are provided with 3 hours to complete the exam, which is conducted online.
NVS PGT Selection Process
The NVS PGT Selection Process comprises two stages: a Computer-Based Test (CBT) followed by an interview round. To secure a position as a PGT in the elite NVS organisation, candidates must do well in both rounds.
NVS PGT Written Exam
The written exam for NVS PGT consists of 150 questions, with each question carrying one mark. The examination lasts three hours. Candidates must familiarise themselves with the following subjects and their corresponding weightages in order to perform well in the exam:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|I. General Awareness||10||10|
|II. Reasoning Ability||20||20|
|III. Knowledge of ICT||10||10|
|IV. Teaching Aptitude||10||10|
|V. Domain Knowledge||80||80|
|VI. Language Competency Test||20||20|
|(General English and General Hindi)|
It is important to note that there will be negative marking in the written exam. For each incorrect answer, 1/4 mark will be deducted, so candidates must be cautious while attempting the questions.
You May Also Like!
- Sub Inspector Home Department Recruitment Advt. No. 06/2021 PST/PET Result Qualified Candidates
- ECIL Graduate & Diploma/ Technician Apprentice Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 363 Posts
- 48 Non-Teaching Posts, Central University Recruitment Apply
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment | Apply Here
- UPSC Recruitment 2023, Apply Link
NVS PGT Syllabus
Now, let’s delve into the heart of the matter – the NVS PGT Syllabus. To achieve success in the exam, candidates must meticulously prepare for each section. Let’s explore the syllabus for each part in detail:
NVS PGT Subject-wise Syllabus
Candidates must thoroughly prepare for each subject in order to achieve the NVS PGT Cut-Off scores in the written test. The following is a full breakdown of the NVS PGT Syllabus for the core subjects:
- Number Ranking
- Relationship Concepts
- Spatial Observations
- Visual Memory
- Figural Pattern
- Non-Verbal Series
- Blood Relations
- Mathematical Operation
- Cause and Effect
- Figurative Classification
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Statement and Conclusion
- Making Judgements
- Venn diagrams
- Number Series
- General Awareness:
- Important Days & Events
- Indian History
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- General Polity
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Economy
- States & Capitals of India
- International & National Organizations
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Science & Technology
- Countries & their Capitals
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Active & Passive Voice
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Transformation of Sentences
- One Word Substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Pedagogical concerns
- Curriculum planning
- Instructional material and resources
- Inclusive education
- Understanding diversities
- Disability as a social concern
- Philosophy of inclusion
- Process of inclusion
- Constitutional provisions
- Education and technology
- Communication and interaction
- Subject knowledge (as per the degree course)
- NVS PGT Biology Syllabus (includes various topics related to Biology)
- NVS PGT Physics Syllabus (divided into 15 chapters covering various topics)
- NVS PGT Chemistry Syllabus (includes different units of Chemistry)
Candidates must download the detailed NVS PGT Syllabus from the official website to have a comprehensive understanding of the topics included in each subject.
NVS Syllabus 2023 General Awareness
The General Awareness section evaluates candidates’ knowledge of important days, Indian history, books and authors, Indian national movement, awards and honors, budget and five-year plans, general polity, current affairs (national and international), Indian economics, Indian capitals, international and national organisations, scientific inventions and discoveries, science and technology, sports, abbreviations, and countries and capitals are all covered.
NVS Syllabus 2023 Reasoning
The part on Reasoning evaluates candidates’ logical and analytical abilities.It includes topics such as arithmetic number series, letter and symbol series, spatial orientation, observation, figures/verbal classification, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, non-verbal series, analogies, discrimination, visual memory, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, coding and decoding, statement and conclusion, logical deduction, statement and argument, cause and effect, and making judgments.
NVS General English Syllabus
The General English component evaluates candidates’ command of the English language. Verbs, tenses, voice, subject-verb agreement, articles, comprehension, fill in the blanks, adverbs, error correction, sentence rearrangement, unseen portions, vocabulary, antonyms/synonyms, grammar, and idioms & phrases are all covered.
NVS General Hindi Syllabus 2023
The General Hindi component assesses candidates’ command of the Hindi language.It includes topics like vocabulary, grammar, synonyms, translation of sentences, fill in the blanks, error detection, comprehension, phrases/muhavare, and plural forms.
NVS Syllabus Quantitative Aptitude
The component on Quantitative Aptitude assesses candidates’ mathematical and numerical abilities. It covers topics such as the number system, decimal and fractions, profit and loss, problems on ages, percentages, simplification, average, simple and compound interest, mixtures and allegations, ratio and proportions, time and work, HCF and LCM, time and distance, and data interpretation.
NVS PGT Interview:
Candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to the NVS PGT interview. The final merit list will be compiled using the results of the computer-based test and the interview phase. Candidates may consider the following suggestions to succeed in the interview:
- Read all interview-related material thoroughly to avoid any last-minute errors.
- Stay current by reading at least one month’s worth of news to demonstrate your understanding of current trends and issues.
- Familiarise yourself with the syllabus of the subject for which you have been chosen. To display your teaching abilities, create a timetable, study plan, or one-year syllabus division.
- Brush up on static general information, such as geography, history, civics, and government, because interviewers frequently ask questions about these topics.
- Read all topics linked to the post you have applied for and focus on facts and details. The interview will put your practical knowledge to the test, as well as its application to the subject.
NVS PGT: Preparation Strategy:
Consider the following preparation approaches to improve your chances of passing the NVS PGT exam:
- Examine the most recent NVS PGT Syllabus and Exam Pattern to understand the topics and weightage.
- Create a timetable that prioritizes topics based on their importance and devote sufficient time to each subject.
- To familiarise yourself with the exam structure and enhance your time management abilities, practise with mock exams and previous year’s examinations.
- Take regular breaks during your study sessions to stay motivated and maintain focus.
- Revisit all of the topics on a frequent basis to help you remember the details.
NVS PGT 2022: Recommended Books for Preparation
To enhance your preparation, refer to the following books and study materials for each subject:
- General Awareness: “General Knowledge 2022” by Manohar Pandey
- General English: “Wren & Martin English Grammar and Composition” by Dr. N.D.V Prasad Rao
- Teaching Aptitude: Abha Malik’s “Teaching Aptitude and Attitude Test”
Candidates can locate these books and other study materials in paper or PDF formats, according on their preferences and study requirements.
In conclusion, to crack the NVS PGT exam, it is essential to have a clear understanding of the NVS PGT Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Download the PDF from the official NVS website to have access to the entire curriculum and begin your preparation. When you combine effective study approaches with frequent practise, you will be well on your way to a stellar performance on the NVS PGT exam.
NVS PGT Syllabus PDF
To access the complete NVS PGT Syllabus PDF for all subjects, you can click on the following link: NVS PGT Syllabus PDF
Is the NVS PGT Exam conducted every year?
Yes, the NVS PGT Exam is conducted once a year.
What is the mode of the NVS PGT Exam?
The NVS PGT Exam is conducted in online mode (Computer-Based Test).
How many vacancies are available for the NVS PGT Exam 2023?
There are a total of 6980 vacancies available for the NVS PGT Exam 2023.
Are there any negative marks for wrong answers in the NVS PGT Exam?
No, there is no negative marking for wrong answers in the NVS PGT Exam.
Where can I find the NVS PGT Syllabus PDF?
You can find the NVS PGT Syllabus PDF by clicking on the provided link in this article.