Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a Junior Assistant at Kashmir University? If yes, then you must be eager to know all the details about the recruitment process, including the syllabus, selection criteria, scheme of the written test, and the tentative date of the examination. This article will provide you with all the essential information you need to prepare for this recruitment drive.
Table of Contents
Kashmir University has recently advertised for the posts of Junior Assistants through Advertisement Notice No. 05 of 2023, dated April 27, 2023. Aspiring candidates need to understand the selection process, the weightage of different factors, and the syllabus for the written test to enhance their chances of success.
Kashmir University Junior Assistant Syllabus: Selection Criteria
The selection process for the Junior Assistant position involves various stages.
Academic Merit (Higher Qualifications)
|Post-graduation||2 marks (on a pro-rata basis)|
|M.Phil||2 marks for PG and 1 mark for M.Phil (Total: 3 marks)|
|Ph.D.||2 marks for PG, 1 mark for M.Phil, and 2 marks for Ph.D. (Total: 5 marks)|
Kashmir University Junior Assistant Syllabus: Selection Process
- Objective Type Written Test (OMR Based)
- The written test carries a maximum of 75 marks.
- Computer Test (Practical/Skill Test)
- This test holds a weightage of 20 marks.
The total marks for the entire selection process are 100.
Scheme for Objective Type Written Test (OMR Based)
The objective type written test is a critical aspect of the selection process. Here are the details of the test:
|Scheme for Objective Type Written Test (OMR Based)|
|Number of objective type questions||75|
|Number of objective type questions from each unit||15|
|Marks allotted to each correct answer||01|
|Negative marks for incorrect questions||0.25 per question|
|Time allowed||90 minutes|
You May Also Like!
- Sub Inspector Home Department Recruitment Advt. No. 06/2021 PST/PET Result Qualified Candidates
- ECIL Graduate & Diploma/ Technician Apprentice Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 363 Posts
- 48 Non-Teaching Posts, Central University Recruitment Apply
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment | Apply Here
- UPSC Recruitment 2023, Apply Link
Syllabus for Objective Type Written Test
The syllabus for the objective type written test is designed to assess candidates’ proficiency in various subjects. It includes the following topics:
This section evaluates candidates’ grasp of the English language. The topics covered are:
- Rearranging of Jumbled Sentences
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Use of Prepositions
- Pairs of Words
- Subject-Verb Agreement
General Knowledge and Awareness of Important Issues
This section tests candidates’ awareness of general knowledge and important issues. The topics include:
- Important Events in Indian History
- Political and Physical Divisions of India
- Forms of Government (World)
- Climate and Crops in India
- Capitals and Currencies (World)
- International Awards (Science, Literature, Sports)
- First in the World (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries)
- Environmental Issues
- Ecosystem Components, Food Chains, and Food Webs
- Vitamins and Diseases Related to Vitamin Deficiency
- Importance of Water in Life
- Sources of Energy (Conventional, Non-Conventional)
- Disaster Management
This section focuses on recent events and developments. The topics covered are:
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- National Awards (Science, Literature, and Sports)
- J&K UT-History, Economy, Geography, Heritage & Culture, Population
- Books and Authors (Current)
- International Organizations (UN, SAARC, ASEAN)
- New Economic Reforms in India
- Recent Awards and Recognitions (Padma Shree, Khel Ratna Award, etc.)
- International Awards (Science, Literature, Sports)
Mental Ability Test / Reasoning
This section evaluates candidates’ logical and analytical abilities. The topics include:
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Statements and Conclusions
- Logical Reasoning
- Odd Man Out
This section assesses candidates’ familiarity with office practices, secretarial duties, and computer science fundamentals. The topics covered are:
- Office Practice and Secretarial Duties
- JK Service Conduct Rules
- Leave Rules
- RTI Act
- Fundamentals of Computer Sciences
- Hardware & Software
- Input and Output Devices
- Operating System
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and PowerPoint Presentation
- E-mail & Internet
Tentative Date of OMR Based Examination
The OMR based examination for the Junior Assistant recruitment is expected to take place in the third week of October 2023. Candidates must regularly check the official website of Kashmir University for any updates or changes in the schedule.
The recruitment process for the Junior Assistant position at Kashmir University is comprehensive and aims to select the most deserving candidates. Aspirants should focus on their academic merit, prepare diligently based on the provided syllabus, and practice for the objective type written test. The computer test will also play a crucial role in the final selection. Stay updated with the latest announcements and be well-prepared to secure your dream job at Kashmir University.
It is notified for the information of all the candidates who had applied for the posts of Junior Assistants advertised vide Advertisement Notice No. 05 of 2023 dated April 27, 2023, that the Selection Criteria, Scheme, and Syllabus, for the said posts shall be as under. Further, the written test (OMR based) will be tentatively conducted in the third week of October 2023.
Where can I find the latest updates on the recruitment process?
Candidates can find the latest updates on the recruitment process on the official website of Kashmir University.
When will the OMR based examination be conducted?
The OMR based examination is tentatively scheduled to take place in the third week of October 2023.